I can’t believe how quickly time has passed since 26th October, that was the day I moved into my new flat where xmas was a mere thought, now it is just around the corner and I have wrapped my first presents.
I should update on my chemotherapy, I am getting by ok, I am really getting tired now and once again have pains in my stomach, so more tests to come, but I feel relaxed and settled.
The reason I feel settled is my new flat, I feel very secure here and am enjoying making it home.
I have also thought and reflected on so called friendships and realise sometimes some friendships are too much hard work or my friends like my family more than me.
I am happy to report that smudge loves his new home and stamped his little paw marks all over it.
With winter coming I just want to stay warm and stay in these winter nights, also with chemo the cold weather and wind really bother me, so I hope to be ready to spring to life in Spring 2010!
I have an invite to Australia next year to see my cousins and Uncle and am saving away for this little trip. I also thought it would be nice to have a holiday to look forward to.
For my winter herbnation I have lots of books and blu ray box sets to watch J and the odd cinema and theatre visit.
Strictly come dancing and Xfactor tour here I come next year.
So I would say I feel quite relaxed and found my inner strength, I don’t really get down, I have got my routine based around my tired spells, and if I’m tired it’s not the end of the world.
To ensure I could make my sisters for xmas I have booked a taxi (got a very good price) way back in July when I was in that hospital bed with tubes hanging out me and my sister spoke about xmas at hers and I can’t wait for it.
We are going to stay in Xmas eve with my nieces and have nibbles and drinks (I will make my famous cocktails) and dance away.
I have really enjoyed buying presents for my sister and nieces and her partner.
Then in the New Year I can see where I will be health wise and hopefully I can get well enough for my other surgery, I have forgotten that amidst the last 8 months (wow has it been that long?)
So for the New Year what can I wish for, well good health, a good friend and a partner would be nice.
For the New Year I want to have a quiet evening in and reflect, meditate and think about my good luck to still be alive.
Can’t think of much more to write as I am tired of life in so many ways, no not health issues, just people can be so frigging hurtful, still think of that phone call to my sister behind my back.
I write again in 2010
Peace and love to everyone and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
xx
4 comments:
Its great to hear from you.
I am glad your new place feels like home.
Have a good Christmas and new year.
x
Nothing quite like a place you can call your home. so happy that you and smudge have settled in and are coping with the treatment. Look forward to hearing about a wonderful christmas spent with your sister.
Are you planning to spend your time in Australia to avoid the cold weather here?
Good to hear from you again, take care.
Caroline XXX
Thank you for finding time to update! I'm glad you've got your holiday plans set and it sounds like you're ahead of me on the shopping! Tonight we're going down to -8C and warm and snug sounds just right!
Thinking of you always!
alan
Time goes by so quickly when you are not watching it doesn't it! I am glad you feel secure in your new home. After all it is your safe haven from the evil world outside.
I am sorry to hear that your friendships are hard. I guess sometimes things were not meant to be. I know the feeling of someone liking you just because they like one of your friends, etc.
I hope you have a nice christmas and wish you all the best for 2010.
Jo x
Post a Comment